1/6 Photos of Beef Pot Roast in Crock Pot / Slow Cooker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-1 7/8 kg boneless beef roast, Beef Topside Roast
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, liquid stock
- 1Trim all excess fat from the roast.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper on a flat plate. Coat meat with the flour mixture. Heat large pan with oil and brown the beef.
- 3Place onion and celery in slow cooker, then pour in the liquid stock and top with roast (cut roast in half if it's unable to fit),.
- 4Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours. Depending on how well you enjoy the beef.
- 5Remove beef from the slow cooker and allow to sit until you make the gravy (about 10 mins).
- 6To make gravy pour all the juices from the slow cooker into a pot and puree with a hand wand. Put the meat juices on a very low heat on the stove top. In a separate bowl mix flour and water until liquid paste. Slowly add the flour and water mixture into the gravy pot, mix the gravy until it thickens.
- 7Slice beef and serve with roasted root vegetables and gravy.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Pot Roast in Crock Pot / Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 247.5 mg
- Sodium 1669.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 83.1 g