Oven slow cooked beef with beer.
Make and share this Beef Slow Oven Cooked in Beer recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 400 ml lager beer
- 300 ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley, torn,to garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 150C (300F).
- In large bag season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat beef in flour mixture.
- Heat half the butter and oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Brown meat in batches, removing to plate when browned.
- Add remaining butter and oil, reduce heat to med-low, cook onions for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add tomato paste, bay leaves, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Gradually add beer, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly.
- Return beef to pan and bring to boil.
- Transfer to ovenproof casserole dish, cover and bake in oven, stirring occasionally, for 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Scatter with parsley.
- Serve on top of mashed potatoes.