1/1 Photo of Beef Slow Oven Cooked in Beer
2 hrs 20 mins
Oven slow cooked beef with beer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 400 ml lager beer
- 300 ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley, torn,to garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 150C (300F).
- 2In large bag season the flour with salt and pepper.
- 3Coat beef in flour mixture.
- 4Heat half the butter and oil in large skillet over high heat.
- 5Brown meat in batches, removing to plate when browned.
- 6Add remaining butter and oil, reduce heat to med-low, cook onions for 10 minutes or until soft.
- 7Add tomato paste, bay leaves, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- 8Gradually add beer, stirring constantly.
- 9Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly.
- 10Return beef to pan and bring to boil.
- 11Transfer to ovenproof casserole dish, cover and bake in oven, stirring occasionally, for 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 12Scatter with parsley.
- 13Serve on top of mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Slow Oven Cooked in Beer
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1117.6
- Calories from Fat 700
- Total Fat 77.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 275.2 mg
- Sodium 477.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 70.2 g