Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best beef stroganoff I have ever made. Quick, easy and full of flavour. Try it today and be impressed :-)
- 750 g round steaks, cut into strips
- seasoned flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 60 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 250 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Toss meat in seasoned flour and nutmeg.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and saute the garlic and onion.
- Add meat and brown well.
- Stir in the mushrooms.
- Combine tomato paste, stock and wine and stir into meat.
- Cover and simmer 1/2 hour.
- Add sour cream, DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve over buttered noodles.
Very good stroganoff and one we will have again. I loved the blend of flavors, so rich and delicious! Served atop egg noodles with a side salad for a very satisfying meal that we will enjoy whenever we have it!
This is so easy to make and it tastes wonderful. Every body thought that it was so full of flavour and raved about it. I served over egg noodles and sprinkled some fresh parsley over the top. It tastes like the kind of meal that people think you have spent hours making but it is all thrown together in no time at all. This has been saved into my favourite recipes and I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing djmastermum!!
Fast & easy is right. Made as listed and served with brown rice instead of noodles. Another keeper for us. Made for Aus/NZ swap May 2010