1/2 Photos of Beef Stuffed Mushrooms
From our local paper, times are estimated with cooking time being oven time and reducing the sauce. Could be a appertizer with salad.
My Private Note
large m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms (soaked in warm water)
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parsley (flat-leaf chopped)
- pepper (freshly ground)
- 4 field mushrooms (large or 8 smaller ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1Soak porcini mushroom in warm water.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 3Drain the mushrooms once softened, reserving the soaking water, roughly chop mushrooms.
- 4Combine the mince, onion, garlic, chopped mushrooms, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- 5Remove the stems from the field mushrooms and mound the mixture onto the caps, giving a rounded top, place onto a baking pan.
- 6Drizzle over the olive oil and bake in a 200C oven until browned - about 25 minutes for large mushrooms.
- 7Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and keep warm.
- 8Put the soaking liquid, wine and pan liquid/sediment from the baked mushrooms into a small pot and over a medium heat boil and reduce by half.
- 9Pour sauce over mushrooms and serve with a salad of choice for a complete meal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.2
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 205.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms