From our local paper, times are estimated with cooking time being oven time and reducing the sauce. Could be a appertizer with salad.
- 1⁄4 cup dried porcini mushrooms (soaked in warm water)
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (flat-leaf chopped)
- pepper (freshly ground)
- 4 field mushrooms (large or 8 smaller ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Soak porcini mushroom in warm water.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Drain the mushrooms once softened, reserving the soaking water, roughly chop mushrooms.
- Combine the mince, onion, garlic, chopped mushrooms, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove the stems from the field mushrooms and mound the mixture onto the caps, giving a rounded top, place onto a baking pan.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and bake in a 200C oven until browned - about 25 minutes for large mushrooms.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and keep warm.
- Put the soaking liquid, wine and pan liquid/sediment from the baked mushrooms into a small pot and over a medium heat boil and reduce by half.
- Pour sauce over mushrooms and serve with a salad of choice for a complete meal.