Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe found in a Leggo's cookbook, this is lovely & rich tasting, goes great with rice and crusty bread for soaking up the sauce!!
- 750 g rump steak, cubed
- 125 g pepperoni, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 240 g tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup red wine
- salt & pepper
- 620 g canned cannellini beans, drained
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, beef & sausage, saute over high heat, stirring constantly until the beef juices run.
- Pour in the tomato paste, water & wine & season with salt & pepper.
- Bring to the boil & cover & simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the beans & cook uncovered for a further 15 minutes.
Wow was this good. A lovely surprise. What great flavor, this bean dish has, the steak and pepperoni give a lovely flavor to the beans that blends perfectly with the onion, tomato and wine. A hearty, robust and filling comfort meal, very satisfying. I did substitute sirloin steak and romano beans, (what I had on hand) they worked very well in this dish. Thank you so much for sharing Mandy.