Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
After BBQ's I often have leftover beetroot. This is a great way to use it up. I found this in SFI Mag.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 225 g beets, drained and chopped
- Combine chopped brown onion, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, water and a pinch of ground cinnamon and cloves in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add 225g drained canned beetroot, chopped, and cook for 15 minutes or until thick.
- Allow to cool.