Missy Wombat's Note:
Originally by Allan Campion and Michell Curtis
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 large beetroots, peeled and diced 1 cm (1/4 in)
- 100 ml orange juice
- 750 ml vegetarian chicken stock or 750 ml vegetarian beef stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- yogurt (optional) or sour cream, to serve (optional)
- 1Heat a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
- 2Add oil, onion and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Add garlic and diced beetroot and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring often. Add orange juice, stock and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- 4Lower heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until beetroot is tender.
- 5Add pepper, taste and serve each bowl with a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beetroot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken stock