Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Originally by Allan Campion and Michell Curtis
Make and share this Beetroot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 large beetroots, peeled and diced 1 cm (1/4 in)
- 100 ml orange juice
- 750 ml vegetarian chicken stock or 750 ml vegetarian beef stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- yogurt (optional) or sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add oil, onion and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and diced beetroot and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring often. Add orange juice, stock and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until beetroot is tender.
- Add pepper, taste and serve each bowl with a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream.