Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy finger food, great with a glass of wine!
Make and share this Bell Pepper and Anchovy Toasts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (350 g) French baguettes or 2 (350 g) baguette, cut into 1 cm slices,and toasted until golden in a moderate oven
- 2 red bell peppers, halved,deseeded
- olive oil
- 12 anchovy fillets
- basil sprig (to garnish)
- 120 ml virgin olive oil
- 40 ml red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- rock salt
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Brush the pepper halves lightly with oil, place on a baking tray cut side down, and cook in a very hot oven until the skin is blistered and blackening.
- Remove, and place in a paper or plastic bag for about 15 minutes, then remove the skins.
- Cut into thin matchsticks sized pieces.
- Marinate the pepper strips in the dressing for about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, split each anchovy in half lengthways, and mix with the peppers.
- Top each toast with a spoonful of mix-including a little of the marinade.
- Top each with a basil sprig and serve.