Yummy finger food, great with a glass of wine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (350 g) French baguettes or 2 (350 g) baguette, cut into 1 cm slices,and toasted until golden in a moderate oven
- 2 red bell peppers, halved,deseeded
- olive oil
- 12 anchovy fillets
- basil sprig (to garnish)
- 1Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- 2Brush the pepper halves lightly with oil, place on a baking tray cut side down, and cook in a very hot oven until the skin is blistered and blackening.
- 3Remove, and place in a paper or plastic bag for about 15 minutes, then remove the skins.
- 4Cut into thin matchsticks sized pieces.
- 5Marinate the pepper strips in the dressing for about 1 hour.
- 6Just before serving, split each anchovy in half lengthways, and mix with the peppers.
- 7Top each toast with a spoonful of mix-including a little of the marinade.
- 8Top each with a basil sprig and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bell Pepper and Anchovy Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (1132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 223.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g