Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A scrumptious, low fat, low GI smoothie which I found in the October 2005 issue of the Australian magazine 'Delicious' and have adapted. Because it's different from other smoothies I've made, I have posted it here for safekeeping - and for the 2005 Zaar World Tour.
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries (or mixture of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries) or 1⁄2 cup strawberries (or mixture of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries) or 1⁄2 cup blueberries (or mixture of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (375 ml) can evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 scoops low-fat frozen yogurt or 2 scoops low-fat ice cream
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into 2 tall glasses and serve.
This was wonderful. I used fresh blueberries, 2% milk and the low fat frozen yogurt and the combination was very, very good. Really liked the addition of sunflower seeds. I'll make this one again. Thanks Blue
Blue - well this was quite a change from my normal smoothie recipe. I had fresh strawberries and bananas and used 1% milk in place of the evaporated (as I did not have any on hand this morning) and low-fat vanilla ice cream. The sunflower seeds add a nice texture and flavor to the overall smoothie. I think that next time I will skip on the banana and just use the berries (I'm just not a big banana lover in drinks). Great refreshing smoothie that I plan on making and using as a meal replacement at lunch often. Made for 123 Hits Tag Game.
I really liked this BlueMoon. For me it is a very thick and filling type smoothie and I believe it must be the added sunflower seeds. I must admit, this is a first for me in adding seeds to my smoothies. I was a bit skeptical, but the little bit of snap from the seeds comes thru nicely. I used skim milk for the liquid part to cut down on the fat. Also, used vanilla frozen yogurt. My banana and raspberries were frozen too. This could also explain the thickness to the drink. Perfect!! Made for HolidayTag~