I saw this on the cover of Family Circle magazine and it looked amazing. Just perfect for our hot Aussie Christmas. This need to be chilled overnight. For Australians or New Zealanders out there, instead of the 90grams chocolate you can use 3 flake bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup Frangelico
- 3 (120 g) punnets fresh raspberries
- 250 g punnet strawberries, hulled, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 (250 g) containers mascarpone
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup extra caster sugar
- 3/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 (250 g) packets sponge cake fingers (sponge-finger biscuits)
- 90 g chocolate, crumbled
- 2 (120 g) punnets raspberries, to serve
- 2 (250 g) punnets strawberries, to serve
- 1Line the base and sides of a 24cm spring form tin with baking paper. Combine 1/4 cup of the liqueur, raspberries, strawberries and sugar in a bowl. Stir gently to combine and set aside.
- 2Whip the cream in the large bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the mascarpone, vanilla and extra sugar, then beat on low speed till thickened slightly (it takes seconds). Fold in the hazelnuts.
- 3Pour remaining liqueur into a shallow dish. One at a time dip in one-third of the biscuits and arrange over the base of the tin, cutting to fit where necessary. Top with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Spoon over half the berry mixture. Repeat layering, using half the biscuits and mascarpone mixture, then the remaining berry mixture. Top with remaining biscuits, pressing down firmly. Spread the remaining mascarpone mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4To serve, sprinkle the top of the gateau with flake. Cut into wedges and serve with the extra berries.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Mascarpone Christmas Gateau
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.0
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 224.1 mg
- Sodium 88.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste
sponge cake fingers