1/1 Photo of Best-Ever Roast Beef With Vegetables
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From and old resurrected recipe card found during a clean out. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 900 g rump steak (whole beef joint - 2lbs)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 400 g potatoes (new scrubbed - 14 ounces)
- 400 g butternut pumpkin (14 ounces, peeled, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm/1in cubes I personally prefer Queensland Blue, a firm)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil (or your choice oil)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 600 ml beef stock (1 pint)
- 4 parsley sprigs (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C.
- 2Mix together the mustard and black pepper in a small bowl and then spread it over the beef joint.
- 3Place the joint in a roasting pan/tin (my preference would be on a rack). cover with foil or a lid if your pan has one and bake for 45 minutes.
- 4During this 45 minutes cook the potatoes and pumpkin in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes and then drain (could be done in the microwave).
- 5Put oil in a shallow sided baking tray and either heat up on the stove top or in the oven.
- 6Once thoroughly heated (this gives you the least amount of fat in the vegetables), add the vegetables and turn/toss them in the oil until coated.
- 7Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- 8Uncover the beef and roast with the vegetables for a further 15 minutes.
- 9Lift out the beef and vegetables and put the tin/pan on the stove top and stir the cornflour into the pan juices, then blend in the stock.
- 10Bring to the boil, stirring until smooth.
- 11Carve the beef into slices and serve with the vegetables and gravy and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best-Ever Roast Beef With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.9
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 137.2 mg
- Sodium 684.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 51.9 g