Missy Wombat's Note:
I may be a vegetarian but this recipe caught my eye and I thought that some of the omnivores around Zaar might like to try this. The times are my guesses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g calf liver or 500 g lamb liver
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cored
- 2 slices rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy (optional)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 300 g frozen blackberries
- 1Cut liver into finger length strips. Cut the apple into thin slices.
- 2Stir fry liver, apple, bacon and mushrooms together until lightly browned and just cooked (you may need a little oil depending on quantity of fat on the bacon ). Add brandy, flambe and continue to cook until reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- 3Whisk sugar, cream, seasoning and lemon juice together and stir into the liver with the blackberries. Stir-fry until berries are plump and juicy.
- 4Serve at once on a bed of noodles or fettuccine.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry and Calf or Lamb Liver Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 427.8 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: