From the Bathers' Pavillion in Balmoral, Australia. If you can't find superfine sugar, place granulated sugar in your food processor for around a minute.
- Place blackberries into blender, and process until smooth.
- Press the puree through a sieve or strainer into a medium-sized bowl, discarding seeds.
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup of vodka, the lemon juice and liqueur to the blackberry puree, stirring well.
- Pour mixture into ice cream freezer, and freeze according to the manufacturer instructions. When complete, spoon sorbet into freezer-safe container; cover and freeze until firm.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, the remaining 1/3 cup lime juice, strawberries, blueberries, and 1/3 cup of vodka in a large bowl, stirring gently. Let stand 2 hours.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of strawberry mix into dessert glasses and top with 1/2 cup of sorbet.
Super easy and really good. I am looking forward to using it this summer at BBQ's. I would use less sugar next time since my berries were really sweet. I served over slightly frozen blueberries and strawberries. I would like to try this with flavored vodka as well.