1/3 Photos of Blue Mountain Coffee Rum Poached Pears
I like to make these with Jamaican coffee, but your favourite filter coffee would do nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the coffee in a pan large enough to hold the pears snugly with the sugar and cinnamon and heat gently.
- 2Carefully peel the pears, leaving the stalks intact.
- 3Poach in the sweetened coffee for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 4Turn off the heat, stir in the rum and allow the pears to cool in the coffee mixture.
- 5Transfer to a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- 6Toserve, place the pear in a pretty, shallow glass dish or bowl and spoon over the coffee syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Mountain Coffee Rum Poached Pears
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: