1/3 Photos of Blue Mountain Coffee Rum Poached Pears
I like to make these with Jamaican coffee, but your favourite filter coffee would do nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the coffee in a pan large enough to hold the pears snugly with the sugar and cinnamon and heat gently.
- 2Carefully peel the pears, leaving the stalks intact.
- 3Poach in the sweetened coffee for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 4Turn off the heat, stir in the rum and allow the pears to cool in the coffee mixture.
- 5Transfer to a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
- 6Toserve, place the pear in a pretty, shallow glass dish or bowl and spoon over the coffee syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Mountain Coffee Rum Poached Pears
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: