1 hr 15 mins
Special treats for the four-legged family member!
My Private Note
dog bis ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces beef bouillon (or meat juices)
- 4 slices bacon, fried to a crisp and drippings/grease reserved
- 3 ounces bacon grease (from fried bacon, add some melted margarine if necessary)
- 1 ounce beef jerky
- 3 ounces corn flakes cereal or 3 ounces grain cereal, broken into crumbs
- 4 ounces powdered milk or 4 ounces dry buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (approximately)
- 1In a food processor fitted with metal blade, process jerky and bacon until you have tiny crumbs- set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, pour beef bouillon or meat juices over grease.
- 3Stir in powdered milk, salt, sugar, egg, cereal crumbs and crumbled bacon/jerky.
- 4Add flour, ¼ to ½ cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 5Knead 4 to 5 minutes, adding more flour if necessary to make very stiff dough.
- 6Pat or roll to between ¼-inch and ½-inch thickness.
- 7Cut into bone shapes and place on a greased baking sheet.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bodacious Beefy Bacon Biscuits for Bonzo
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 233.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g