Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From a booklet put out by Country Meadow Austral-American Brand Premium Lamb.
Make and share this Boneless Leg of Lamb With Cranberry Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (5 lb) boneless leg of lamb
For the herb rub
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, chopped
For the glaze
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients for the herb rub in a small bowl.
- Coat the meat on all sides iwth the herb blend.
- Put the meat on a rack in baking dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes per pound, approximately, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. for rare, 160°F for medium and 170°F for well done.
- While lamb is baking, combine white wine, cranberries, honey and orange juice in skillet on the stovetop and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add butter to the sauce, blend well and pour all ingredients into a food processor and puree.
- Return to skillet to keep warm.
- Cut lamb into 1/2 " thick slices and serve with the warm glaze.
I only selected this recipe for the herb rub, as I prefer gravy rather than a glaze...I didn't have any Savory, so I Googled for a substitute and used thyme instead...The rub was perfect and work very well for my lamb...Perhaps some day I'll be adventurous and try the glaze, LOL! Thank you for posting this recipe!