1/2 Photos of Boulangere Potatoes (Savoury Potato and Onion Bake)
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Layers of potato and onion cooked in butter and stock. A delicious savoury potato dish that makes a great accompaniment to meat, fish, or vegetarian dishes. To make the dish more substantial, add some grated cheese, sprinkled over the top just before you bake it. The chilli flakes are optional! Adapted from "Potato - a celebration of the world's most versatile vegetable", by Alex Barker and Sally Mansfield
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2Grease base and sides of 1.5 litre ovenproof dish.
- 3Line dish with some of the sliced potatoes.
- 4Scatter some onions and garlic on top.
- 5Season to taste.
- 6Layer the remaining potatoes and onions, seasoning between each layer.
- 7Push vegetables down into dish and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- 8Pour stock over and bake in oven for 1.5 hours, covering with foil after 1 hour if top starts to over brown.
- 9Serve with parsley and plenty of salt and pepper sprinkled over the top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boulangere Potatoes (Savoury Potato and Onion Bake)
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 54.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: