Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great way to do something a bit more special to lamb chops.
Make and share this Braised Lamb Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Brown chops in frying pan. Remove and place in a roasting pan.
- Season one side of the chops with salt and pepper. Top with sliced garlic and rosemary.
- Mix ½ portion of stock with ½ portion of wine.
- Pour mixture into side of roasting pan (do NOT pour over meat).
- Seal tightly with foil and place in center of preheated oven.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove chops onto serving plates.
- Good served over roast garlic potato mash.
Loved the flavours in this tasty lamb dish. I must've had a blonde moment, wasnt sure what I was meant to do with the 2nd half of the liquid..as it was I only used half the amount and cooked for 1/2 an hour (I used mid loin chops) Delicious.
The flavors of the sauce was incredibly tasty. Due to lack of ingredients, though, I slightly changed it around. Cooking for half the servings posted in this recipe, I didn't have stock available so I added a cube of beef bouillon to 3/4 c of water. I didn't have garlic cloves so I used garlic powder and instead of rosemary, I used italian seasoning. After the chops were done, i put the remaining juices in a saucepan, added cornstarch mixed with cold water & let it boil for a couple of minutes. After it reached a thicker consistency, it was used as a gravy for mashed potatoes. I may not use lamb chops (not a big fan of the meat) but I will use the recipe with other meats.