1/1 Photo of Braised Lamb Shanks With Guinness & Barley
2 hrs 5 mins
From Judy V.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C Season flour with salt and pepper, then coat shanks. Heat oil in a large casserole dish. Brown shanks on all sides and remove from dish.
- 2Empty mixed veggies into pot and heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Add beer and stir to loosen sediment on the bottom of dish. Stir in tomatoes, stock and bring to the boil. Add barley, stir well. Return shanks to the dish.
- 4Transfer casserole to the oven. Cook for about 2 hours, add more water if needed. Spoon onto deep plates to serve and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Lamb Shanks With Guinness & Barley
Serving Size: 1 (1954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1460.4
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 242.1 mg
- Sodium 720.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 86.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil and oregano