Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty veal casserole with pasta and olives. It is simple to make and full of rich flavours.
Make and share this Braised Veal Rolls With Pasta and Olives recipe from Food.com.
- Cut red peppers into quarters. remove seeds and membranes. Grill peppers, skin side up until skin blisters and blackens. Peel away skin.
- Place spinach leaves over each veal steak, top with red peppers. Roll veal tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat in a heavy pan, 2 tablespoons of oil. Add veal in batches, cook until browned all over, remove and drain on paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan, add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Cook, stirring until soft.
- Add puree, wine, sugar and veal. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add pasta and pitted black olives, simmer, covered for a further 7 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve veal sliced, with sauce and sprinkled with shredded fresh basil.
- Any small pasta can be used.