A tasty veal casserole with pasta and olives. It is simple to make and full of rich flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut red peppers into quarters. remove seeds and membranes. Grill peppers, skin side up until skin blisters and blackens. Peel away skin.
- 2Place spinach leaves over each veal steak, top with red peppers. Roll veal tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- 3Heat in a heavy pan, 2 tablespoons of oil. Add veal in batches, cook until browned all over, remove and drain on paper towel.
- 4Heat remaining oil in same pan, add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Cook, stirring until soft.
- 5Add puree, wine, sugar and veal. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- 6Add pasta and pitted black olives, simmer, covered for a further 7 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 7Serve veal sliced, with sauce and sprinkled with shredded fresh basil.
- 8Any small pasta can be used.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Veal Rolls With Pasta and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 123.0 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 33.9 g