Missy Wombat's Note:
My friend Bridget came up with this when I told her what was available one day when I didn't really feel like cooking the same old meals. Well worth the effort. The amounts are not listed - just use what you can find and spare and adjust the amounts accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons red pesto sauce, approx
- salt and pepper
- pasta (any large shape or shells)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- eggplant (we have the long skinny Lebanese/Asian sort)
- basil, fresh
- red capsicum
- tofu, cut into cubes
- kangkong, shredded (or other dark green leafy vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- 1Puree tomatos for a sauce, add your little bit of red pesto, rosemary, pinch of salt& black peppar to taste.
- 2Prepare pasta, cooking it until it is al dente.
- 3Set aside when done.
- 4Mince a couple of garlic cloves, finely dice one onion, chop up 2 chillis (leave seeds in if you like some heat).
- 5Grate a small knob of galangal and lightly fry in the butter.
- 6Add tomato based sauce Main Ingredients- Dice the pumpkin and eggplant.
- 7Slice the capsicum into long thin pieces.
- 8Cube the tofu if it isn't already, and shred kangkong.
- 9WOK- add oil and soy sauce.
- 10Toss the pumpkin and eggplant together in a wok working constantly (about 5 mins on high).
- 11Add capsicum (about 3mins on high).
- 12When done, throw in kangkong and toss till almost soft.
- 13Add tofu, continue tossing for a further minute.
- 14Grate Feta and some mozzarella.
- 15In a baking dish, layer pasta then stirfried vegetables then sauce then feta etc.
- 16Continue in this pattern (like a lasagna).
- 17Sprinkle the top with mozzarella and parmasan.
- 18To decorate, thinly slice tomato and garnish on top.
- 19Bake in a mod oven[350F/180C] till cheese is golden on top.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bridget's Vegetable Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 274.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red pesto sauce