Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Bridget came up with this when I told her what was available one day when I didn't really feel like cooking the same old meals. Well worth the effort. The amounts are not listed - just use what you can find and spare and adjust the amounts accordingly.
- 2 tablespoons red pesto sauce, approx
- salt and pepper
- pasta (any large shape or shells)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- eggplant (we have the long skinny Lebanese/Asian sort)
- basil, fresh
- red capsicum
- tofu, cut into cubes
- kangkong, shredded (or other dark green leafy vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Puree tomatos for a sauce, add your little bit of red pesto, rosemary, pinch of salt& black peppar to taste.
- Prepare pasta, cooking it until it is al dente.
- Set aside when done.
- Mince a couple of garlic cloves, finely dice one onion, chop up 2 chillis (leave seeds in if you like some heat).
- Grate a small knob of galangal and lightly fry in the butter.
- Add tomato based sauce Main Ingredients- Dice the pumpkin and eggplant.
- Slice the capsicum into long thin pieces.
- Cube the tofu if it isn't already, and shred kangkong.
- WOK- add oil and soy sauce.
- Toss the pumpkin and eggplant together in a wok working constantly (about 5 mins on high).
- Add capsicum (about 3mins on high).
- When done, throw in kangkong and toss till almost soft.
- Add tofu, continue tossing for a further minute.
- Grate Feta and some mozzarella.
- In a baking dish, layer pasta then stirfried vegetables then sauce then feta etc.
- Continue in this pattern (like a lasagna).
- Sprinkle the top with mozzarella and parmasan.
- To decorate, thinly slice tomato and garnish on top.
- Bake in a mod oven[350F/180C] till cheese is golden on top.