Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Looking for recipes to use up my late broccoli before it bolts to flower in the heat, I came across this beauty.(Thanks to the FormulaForLife website.) I'm about to have it for lunch...YUM!
- Heat oil in large frying pan (a cast-iron or ovenproof one is good).
- Cook onion over medium heat for 2 minutes, add garlic and bacon and cook until onion is soft.
- Add broccoli and tomato, cook for one minute.
- Add seasonings (eg. freshly ground black pepper) to taste.
- Beat eggs in bowl, pour over other ingredients in pan.
- Cook gently without stirring until base of frittata is cooked and golden.
- Place frypan under grill until top of frittata is golden brown and firm.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot or cold.
Delish recipe - I cut the recipe to 4 eggs and cooked it stove top only. Once I poured the eggs in I covered the pan. I added 2 tsp of Sambal Olek, no salt or pepper. Lovely flavor combination. I made this for dinner and it was very satisfying
just realised I didn't put a rating in
This was so easy to make. I was out of tomatoes, so I substituted well-drained and blotted, canned diced tomatoes. It worked well. I will make this again, but I think I'll use more salt. Also during the "grilling" stage, I put cheddar cheese on top to melt in. This was yummy. Thanks for sharing catxx.