Easy and delicious...try adding some diced feta cheese, or chopped chillies etc to it
Make and share this Broccoli Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large head of broccoli
- 8 slices smoked streaky bacon, finely sliced
- olive oil
- 3 firm tomatoes, halved deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped, save the flowers if you have them
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the broccoli florets and cut them into smaller ones. Cut the end of the stalk, then cut it in half lengthways and finely slice.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 60 seconds, just to soften, but leaving it with a bite. Drain it and spread it over a clean tea towel to steam dry ( it helps the dressing cling to it). Once completely dry transfer to a serving dish.
- Fry the bacon with a splash of olive oil, until crisp and , then spoon most of it over the broccoli. Use the leftover fat from the pan in your dressing, by pouring it into a mixing bowl with the other dressing ingredients, and whisking well.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and chopped chives to the broccoli and bacon. Dress it well and check the seasoning. Add the chive flowers and serve.