1/1 Photo of Broccoli Salad
Easy and delicious...try adding some diced feta cheese, or chopped chillies etc to it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large head of broccoli
- 8 slices smoked streaky bacon, finely sliced
- olive oil
- 3 firm tomatoes, halved deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped, save the flowers if you have them
- 1Remove the broccoli florets and cut them into smaller ones. Cut the end of the stalk, then cut it in half lengthways and finely slice.
- 2Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 60 seconds, just to soften, but leaving it with a bite. Drain it and spread it over a clean tea towel to steam dry ( it helps the dressing cling to it). Once completely dry transfer to a serving dish.
- 3Fry the bacon with a splash of olive oil, until crisp and , then spoon most of it over the broccoli. Use the leftover fat from the pan in your dressing, by pouring it into a mixing bowl with the other dressing ingredients, and whisking well.
- 4Add the sliced tomatoes and chopped chives to the broccoli and bacon. Dress it well and check the seasoning. Add the chive flowers and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.5
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 335.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar