A hearty meal when served with some crusty bread! Quick n easy to put together.
Make and share this Brown Lentil and Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini and stock to pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add lentils to soup. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon juice.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Delicious! So quick, so healthy and very satisfying. I added some sliced mushroom and baby spinach to the recipe and used about a cup and a half of fresh cooked lentils. I thought the soup would be bland without the addition of garlic or some dried herbs, but the parsley was flavorful enough and the lemon really added some life to the soup at the end. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll be making it again.
Lentil soups have been a recent addition to my soup collection and it's a soup we enjoy. Could be said that I am on a mission when it comes to searching out Lentil soup recipes! This made for good hearty supper soup which I served with Andypandy's Rustic Italian Bread ABM making for a very satisfying meal. Love the flat leaf parsley and next time around will simmer some along with the rest of the vegetables and just maybe substitute one cup of the vegetable stock with V8 juice. Thank you for sharing your recipes - your Lemon Cajun Stir Fry has become one of our family favorites and has been made many times over! Made for Recipe Swap #14.
Very lovely soup, we are going away soon so I wanted to use all the fresh foods I had at home. I double the serving size, used home grow regular zucchini's and yellow zucchini's, fresh tomatoes as well as a can of diced tomatoes. The soup went down well, I love the taste of the lemon and parsley in it and the brown lentils were not really apparent in the soup but they did add to the texture. We served it with garlic bread. Thank you Stardustannie.