I found this in recipes + mag. A lovely fresh & filling salad. I've even made this with baked beans when out of kidney beans & that tastes great too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lebanese cucumber, quartered legthwise & sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 420 g mexican beans or 420 g kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cashews, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Place rice & 3 cups water in a saucepan & bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmer for 25-30 mins or until rice is cooked. Stand, covered for 10 mins, uncover & cool, transfer to a bowl & chill until needed.
- Add vegetables, beans, parsley, nuts & seeds to rice; lightly toss to combine.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and drizzle over salad, toss lightly & serve.