Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Wholefoods. time does not include chilling time (approx 4.5 hours).
Make and share this Brown Rice Salad With Tamari and Cranberries recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (1cup raw)
- 30 ml tamari
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml apple cider vinegar
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cranberries (dried)
- 1⁄3 cup pepitas
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 small Spanish onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small red capsicum, cored and finely diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves picked and finely chopped
- When the rice is cooked spread it over the surface of a large wide bowl and cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Pour tamari, olive oil and apple cider vinegar over the surface of the rice and season with salt and pepper. Use the back of a wide, flat spoon to break up the rice and mix in the dressing. If you have time return rice to the fridge for 30 minutes to soak everything up (optimal but not essential).
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently combine. Taste and add more seasoning if you wish.