1/6 Photos of Brown Sugar Macadamia Nut Muffins
This sweet muffin is delicious eaten warm with butter or preserves. Posted for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 2Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, making sure that there are no lumps of brown sugar. Set aside.
- 4In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- 5Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- 6Gently stir in 1 cup of the macadamia nuts.
- 7Spoon or scoop the batter into the muffin cups (they will be almost full). Sprinkle with the reserved ½ cup of nuts.
- 8Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly golden, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar Macadamia Nut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 137.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g