Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sweet muffin is delicious eaten warm with butter or preserves. Posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Macadamia Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, making sure that there are no lumps of brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Gently stir in 1 cup of the macadamia nuts.
- Spoon or scoop the batter into the muffin cups (they will be almost full). Sprinkle with the reserved ½ cup of nuts.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly golden, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached. Serve warm.
These muffins were super easy to make and looked delicious. My wheat/gluten eating family all give 5 stars . Boy I wish that I could have had one of these muffins! I used regular salted butter and my family thought the taste was just right. They didn''t even wait for the muffins to cool down before the taste testing began. Reviewed for ZWT8 visit to Australia. Photo also to be posted
These were very good, but I think it needs more salt, it was a bit flat as far as flavor, a touch more salt would do wonders. I wouldn't add any spices, macadamia nuts are so wonderful on their own!
These were great muffins. Like other reviewers, I too thought cinnamon (or maybe allspice) might have boosted the flavor just a bit. We all enjoyed them for breakfast with a little orange marmalade, and then they were a great after-school snack for the kids this afternoon. Thanks for sharing your recipe, alligirl.