This sweet muffin is delicious eaten warm with butter or preserves. Posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Macadamia Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, making sure that there are no lumps of brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Gently stir in 1 cup of the macadamia nuts.
- Spoon or scoop the batter into the muffin cups (they will be almost full). Sprinkle with the reserved ½ cup of nuts.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly golden, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached. Serve warm.