1/7 Photos of Brunch Eggs
I found this on the internet whilst looking for brunch recipes. Brunch is a bit of a tradition here when any of the boys are home!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g cream cheese, softened for 1 to 2 minutes in the microwave
- 1/2 cup diced green capsicum
- 1/2 cup diced red capsicum
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 (225 g) can corn kernels
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 -6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- hot buttered toast, to serve
- extra chopped spring onion (to garnish)
- 1Saute capsicum and spring onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a pan over medium heat until softened.
- 2Add sauteed vegetables and corn to cream cheese, stir well and set aside.
- 3Combine eggs, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a pan, swirling to coat bottom; add reserved cream cheese mixture and egg mixture.
- 6Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are firm, but still moist.
- 7Serve over hot buttered toast, sprinkled with crumbled bacon and garnished with a little extra chopped spring onion.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brunch Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.1
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 349.4 mg
- Sodium 383.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g