1/2 Photos of Bruschetta With Lima Bean Salad and Lemon Shrimp
This fabulous dish, which uses shrimp instead of the Australian yabby, is ample enough to serve for a light lunch. It's hard to pick up, so serve it on plates at the table. The grilled flavors and the fresh mint will be nicely highlighted by the 1998 Cape Mentelle Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc from Australia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen baby lima beans
- 1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread, 1/2 -inch-thick slices (cut from a round loaf)
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 8 -10 large shrimp (shelled, halved lengthwise and deveined)
- 1Cook the lima beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 8 minutes; drain. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the mint, parsley, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Toast the bread. Rub the slices with the garlic clove and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 3Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mash the butter with the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Spread the butter all over the shrimp and set them in a broiling pan. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, turning the shrimp once.
- 4Mound the lima salad on the toast and top with the shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta With Lima Bean Salad and Lemon Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.9
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 844.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar