1/1 Photo of Budget-Savvy Sang Choy Bow
bluemoon downunder's Note:
One of several "sizzling sausages" in the current issue of the Australian magazine 'New Idea', this one a budget-savvy Sang Choy Bow which food editor Barbara Northwood has costed at $A1.83 per serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red capsicum
- 500 g beef sausages (16 ounces)
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 400 g brown lentils, drained (just under 13 ounces)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- extra spring onion, thinly slices, to garnish
- lime wedge, to serve
- 1Trim the lettuce leaves into cup shapes.
- 2Heat the oil in a non-stick pan; add the garlic and capsicum; cook, stirring occasionally, until almost soft.
- 3Snip one end of the sausages with the kitchen scissors; squeeze out 1cm (1/2 inch) lengths of meat from each sausage into the pan; cook, stirring, until browned and cooked through. Reserve the rest of the sausages for use in another dish.
- 4Add the combined sauces, brown lentils and spring onions; stir over the heat until the lentils are hot; season with salt and pepper.
- 5To serve, divide the sausage mixture among the leaves; garnish with extra onions; serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Budget-Savvy Sang Choy Bow
Serving Size: 1 (976 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.2
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 1475.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 31.1 g