Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
After tasting a WONDERFUL dish (which I have also posted) titled Steamed Palm Sugar Custards #58165. And seeing this looks like a cross of that wonderful dish and creme brulee, I just had to try it...NO REGRETS! Try it too!
- Preheat oven to 315°F (160°C).
- Place milk, cream, star anise and cinnamon stick in a saucepan over low heat.
- Heat until hot but not boiling.
- Reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Remove star anise and cinnamon from saucepan.
- Whisk together sugar and eggs.
- Stir in slightly cooled milk mixture and pour into six 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) capacity oven proof bowls or glasses.
- Place in baking tray filled with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the bowls or glasses.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till creams are just set, then remove from the baking dish and refrigerate for 2 hours, or till cool.
- Top each cream with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Place under a hot grill until the honey is a deep golden colour.
- Leave for 3 minutes before serving.
This is a nice change of pace from standard creme brulees. The flavors were wonderful. Recipe work just as posted and I made no changes. I did cool in the refrigerator overnight before serving the following day.