Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Combines three of my favourite things-curry, chicken and soup! No time given for marinating.
Make and share this Butter Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, around 200g
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, big ones, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 400 g canned tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- natural yogurt and fresh coriander (to garnish)
- Cut the meat into small pieces or slice thinly. Combine with the other ingredients in a glass bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or before you go to work in the morning).
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add marinated chicken and chopped onion.
- Stir constantly until the chicken is sealed (white looking) and the onion is soft, add the dried spices and ginger, then stir in the tomatoes and chicken stock. When simmering, pour in the basmati rice, stir, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the tomato paste and flour and whisk, a little at a time, into the soup. Add the brown sugar and cream and season to taste.
- Serve in soup bowls with a dollop of natural yoghurt, chopped fresh coriander and torn up naan bread for dunking.
I made this recipe exactly as written, and everyone loved it.
Great flavours, with just the right spices for this family.
This turns out a very thick type soup, so I served crusty bread as well as naan for dunking.
This was a lovely soup, thick, spicy and so warming ~ Just the thing for a cold night.
Thanks Jan, will be making this again.