1/2 Photos of Butterflied, Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Fairy Nuff's Note:
This sounds perfect for my Australia Day menu.You can cut down on the prep time by asking your butcher to bone and butterfly the leg.
My Private Note
leg of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix garlic, paprika, oregano, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and oil in a dish large enough to accommodate the butterflied lamb (or use a snaplock bag -- much easier).
- 2Score the fatty top of the lamb well.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Put lamb in marinade and refrigerate for three hours minimum (overnight is tastier).
- 5Remove from fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook it.
- 6Preheat your barbecue grill on high then reduce to medium high. Place the lamb skin side down for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to medium low. Cover lamb with either bbq hood or an upturned baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes for medium or longer if you like your lamb well done.
- 8Remove from heat and cover loosely with foil, rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. Slice across the grain and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterflied, Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 827.8
- Calories from Fat 518
- Total Fat 57.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 251.2 mg
- Sodium 506.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 70.2 g