This sounds perfect for my Australia Day menu.You can cut down on the prep time by asking your butcher to bone and butterfly the leg.
- Mix garlic, paprika, oregano, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and oil in a dish large enough to accommodate the butterflied lamb (or use a snaplock bag -- much easier).
- Score the fatty top of the lamb well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put lamb in marinade and refrigerate for three hours minimum (overnight is tastier).
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before you want to cook it.
- Preheat your barbecue grill on high then reduce to medium high. Place the lamb skin side down for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Cover lamb with either bbq hood or an upturned baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes for medium or longer if you like your lamb well done.
- Remove from heat and cover loosely with foil, rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. Slice across the grain and serve.