1/2 Photos of Butternut Pumpkin (Squash), Roasted Hazelnut and Feta Salad
Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
We're in a middle of a week-long 40°C+ (104°F+) heatwave in Melbourne, so I was looking for something that is easy, healthy & is not going to require standing over a hot flame. I found this recipe on cuisine.com.auby Kylie Davis published in The Sydney Morning Herald Friday January 16, 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 kg butternut pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 175 g marinated persian feta cheese, drained
Honey and Balsamic Dressing
- 1Preheat fan-forced oven to 230°C /445°F (240°C if not fan forced).
- 2While the oven is heating, place hazelnuts on to a baking tray, roast for 10-15 minutes until skins crack and nuts are roasted. Wrap in a clean tea towel and rub hazelnuts in tea towel to remove skins. Chop nuts and set aside.
- 3Line a large roasting pan with non-stick baking paper and arrange the pumpkin in pan, spray with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast, turning once, for 15 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Cool to room temperature.
- 5Place dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine. Remove lid. Microwave on high (100 per cent) for 10 seconds or until honey is melted. Shake again to combine.
- 6Combine pumpkin, hazelnuts and feta on a serving platter, drizzle with dressing and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Pumpkin (Squash), Roasted Hazelnut and Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.0
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 202.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g