1/3 Photos of Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding
We made this today as a treat after Sunday lunch and everyone loved it. Served with homemade icecream and my personal favourite, cream! This recipe is posted in Australian measurements so 1 tablespoons equals 20ml (or 4 teaspoons).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Grease a 1.5 litre (6 cup) ovenproof dish with butter.
- 3Combine 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and all of the flour in a bowl.
- 4Add the melted butter, slightly beaten egg, milk and 2 tablespoons of the golden syrup and stir until combined.
- 5Spoon into the greased dish.
- 6Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar and cornflour. Sprinkle over the pudding mixture.
- 7Combine boiling water with the remaining 2 tablespoons of golden syrup.
- 8Pour over the top of the pudding mixture and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 9Serve with double cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 487.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g