We made this today as a treat after Sunday lunch and everyone loved it. Served with homemade icecream and my personal favourite, cream! This recipe is posted in Australian measurements so 1 tablespoons equals 20ml (or 4 teaspoons).
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 1.5 litre (6 cup) ovenproof dish with butter.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and all of the flour in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, slightly beaten egg, milk and 2 tablespoons of the golden syrup and stir until combined.
- Spoon into the greased dish.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar and cornflour. Sprinkle over the pudding mixture.
- Combine boiling water with the remaining 2 tablespoons of golden syrup.
- Pour over the top of the pudding mixture and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve with double cream or ice cream.