just a little quickie for breakfast, lunch or tea. always a favourite, nice mix of textures etc. Quick and easy when the men come home with no fish, or the kids game got rained out :)
- Quantities depend on how many you are feeding.
- In a little butter, fry the following until limp.
- Finely shredded cabbage;finely sliced onions; thin strips of carrot.
- Take out and keep warm.
- Beat two eggs with a crushed chicken cube and a dash of soy sauce.
- In a small pot combine one cup of water, a chicken cube, dash soy sauce, a heaped teaspoon cornflour, salt and pepper, and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Let simmer 2 minutes.
- Pour omelette mixture into greased hot frypan, sprinkle over cabbage mixture, cover and cook over low heat till done.
- Fold over and serve on warm plates, pour over sauce.
- OPTIONAL; Add a little garlic, capsicum, or bacon to the veg.
- Sprinkle a little cheese over the filling and finish under the grill.
This was very yummy! I had a bunch of fresh vegetables left over from Saturday lunch and used them up to make this for Saturday night supper. I ran all the veggies through the food processor using the steel knife, so the chopped veggies were almost confetti-like. I didn't use bacon (never use bacon) but did use lots of garlic and plenty of cheese. It's a great low-carb meal! By the way, eggs are not mentioned in the list of ingredients, you should have Gay correct the recipe, mummamills. Thanks for a quick and delicious supper!
What a great breakfast this made, unfortunately I didn't have any carrot so just used the cabbage and onion and made for 2 (4 eggs) and just a half quantity of the sauce which was plenty for us and the only change I can see me making is to sub hoi sin sauce for the soy as I found that a little salty but the DM was no way it was perfect so I now have a way of getting veg into her at breakfast, thank you mummamills, made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #52 May 2011.
I thought this was very good. This was made pretty much by recipe except for the use of bouillon cubes. The sauce was made with chicken stock in place of the cube. This made a nice quick dinner, packed with veggies.