1/1 Photo of Cajun Cutlets With Sweet Potato Mash and Tomato Chilli Jam
Proof that low fat and low cholesterol can be delicious! Lamb is horribly expensive in Australia at the moment, so I just use whatever cut is cheapest at the supermarket that week! Easy to make and looks great; taken from the best Aussie food magazine, Super Food Ideas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lamb cutlets, trimmed of all visible fat
- 2 -3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (kumera)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
TOMATO CHILLI JAM
- 1Sprinkle lamb on both sides with Cajun seasoning, set aside.
- 2Make tomato chilli jam: Spray a hot pan with olive oil, saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- 3Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, chilli and seasonings; bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mixture is pulpy. Set aside.
- 4While chilli jam simmers, cook kumera in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- 5Drain well, mash with margarine and garlic.
- 6Grill lamb for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to taste.
- 7Serve on a bed of kumera mash, topped with rocket or other lettuce.
- 8Accompany with jam.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Cutlets With Sweet Potato Mash and Tomato Chilli Jam
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: