1/1 Photo of Cappuccino Cupcakes
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Love coffee and chocolate? Then you'll love these Cappuccino Cupcakes, one of ten cupcake recipes in the April 2006 issue of the Australian magazine 'super food ideas'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 40 g good quality dark chocolate, grated
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon drinking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- cocoa powder, to serve
- chocolate-covered coffee beans, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole (2 tablespoon capacity) flat-based cupcake or patty pan with paper cases.
- 2Dissolve the coffee in 1 tablespoon of hot water in a small jug and stir in the butter.
- 3Using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg and sugar in a medium-sized bowl until pale and thick; sift the flours together over the egg mixture and using a large metal spoon, gently fold in until just combined; gently stir in the coffee mixture and the grated chocolate.
- 4Half fill each paper case with the mixture and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- 5Leave the cupcakes standing in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- 6Using an electric mixer, beat the cream until it is thick; sift the drinking chocolate and cocoa over the cream and fold it through the cream to create a marbled effect; spoon the cream mixture over the cupcakes, dust with extra cocoa and top each cupcake with a chocolate-coated coffee bean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 37.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: