Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sweet and sticky popcorn and peanuts in a caramel sauce. The sauce sets and becomes like a popcorn brittle. This is so good for snacking on while movie watching or for parties. This can be stored for a week in an airtight container.
- Lightly oil a 26cm x 32cm Swiss roll pan.
- Pop the popping corn, either in a pot or in a popcorn popper.
- Discard any unpopped kernals.
- Transfer popcorn to prepared swiss roll pan.
- Sprinkle peanuts evenly over popcorn.
- Combine butter, sugar and honey in medium pan and stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil uncovered about 4 minutes or until syrup is a rich golden brown colour.
- Pour all over popcorn.
- Stand about 15 minutes and cut into pieces.
The flavor of this is really good. I only had salted peanuts and I loved the sweet/salty mix. I had some trouble "pouring" the syrup, which is why I'm not giving any stars. I suspect the problem is with my tendency to produce a "hard" boil rather than anything in the recipe.