1/3 Photos of Caramel Popcorn - No Bake - Yummo!
This makes the most delicious caramel popcorn that you will be requested to make over and over. I've made several different versions of caramel popcorn- this is my version. This recipe makes a very large batch of popcorn but it will keep fresh for weeks if stored in an airtight container. You can add nuts of your choice as a variation to this recipe. My daughters say that this popcorn is better than sold at "Kernals". I use a very large boiler/stock pot to prepare the caramel. Use the biggest pot /saucepan that you can find. I add all of the popcorn to the caramel in the pot. The other option is to add the caramel to the popcorn-have your popcorn in a very large heat resistant mixing bowl. The larger the container used the better as you will need to toss/stir the popcorn into the hot caramel mix to coat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pop popcorn and remove any unpopped kernals. Set aside. You should have approx 20 cups of popped popcorn.
- 2Place two or three baking trays or cookie trays on your bench top. You'll spread the hot caramel coated popcorn onto these later.
- 3Use the largest saucepan/stockpot or boiler that you can find. Add the butter, brown sugar and syrup.
- 4Over heat, bring to the boil and boil for approx 4-5 minutes. Stir fairly constantly with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat. Add the bicarb soda and the vanilla essence. Stir well.
- 5Add half of the popcorn and quickly stir to coat in the hot caramel mix. Add remaining popcorn and nuts(if you have chosen to add them as an optional extra). Stir thoroughly to cover the popcorn evenly. Work quickly.
- 6Spread the popcorn over your baking dishes or cookie trays. Break up clumps of popcorn with your wooden spoon.
- 7After about a minute the popcorn should be cool enough to handle carefully. Break up the popcorn to smaller sized pieces.
- 8As a variation you can roll popcorn into balls the size of a scoop of ice-cream and push them into ice-cream cones. Great for childrens parties. (The flat based cones work best for this- much easier to place on your bench to cool).
- 9Cool and store in an airtight container. Will keep for about a week (if it lasts that long without being gobbled up!).
- 10UPDATE: I made these on a wet and very humid day and the popcorn was 'sticky'. I haven't had this problem before and have made this popcorn recipe a dozen times. Placed in a baking dish and heated at 120°C for about 20 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes or so. Really took away the stickiness and made the popcorn crunchy.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Popcorn - No Bake - Yummo!
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 148.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: