Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These were my favourite--Mum use to make them often. I always loved the melted caramel on the top. Cook time for me is usually 12 minutes.
- Heat oven to 220°C.
- Melt extra 2 tablespoons of butter and brown sugar together (I use the microwave).
- Mix flour, salt, milk powder, sugar, coconut, butter and water to a soft dough.
- Roll and cut into 12 rounds.
- Press a thumb hole in the top of each round.
- Fill with melted butter mixture.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Very good, easy recipe. I left out the coconut. Found the dough a little sticky and had to add some flour so it would roll out. The caramel topping tastes a lot like butter tarts, yummy!
These were absolutely yummy! My children and I really enjoyed them for breakfast. The caramely topping was fantastic and I enjoyed the hint of coconut. Super easy recipe to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
These were very nice scones, which I will make again. As others have said they are a bit like a rich baking powder biscuit, my DD thought they tasted like pancakes! I subbed 1/2 & 1/2 for the water and milk powder, which I don't have and was out of reg. milk. I used 2 1/2 TBLS of Butter, because the conversion comfused me - this seemed to be a good amount. I also left out the coconut. I baked them at 425 degrees. I liked the little spot of caramel on top, I might increase it a little the next time I make them. They were very good with coffee. Reviewed for ZWT3