1/3 Photos of Caramel Slice
I started making this 30+ years ago for the DH - from a Nestles condensed milk can, the DH prefers it without the chocolate topping so I have omitted it, never done it. I've only recently just started to make this again for him, don't know why I stopped doing so in the first place, so it has been a rediscovery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Base - Preheat oven to 180C/160Cfan forced/350°F.
- 2Mix all ingredients together.
- 3Press firmly into a tray (I use one 27cm x 18cm - approximately 10 1/2" x 7") .
- 4Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (should have a slight golden colour and still soft to the touch).
- 5Let cool while making filling.
- 6Filling - Put all ingredients into a small saucepan and cook over low heat till butter melted and well combined and takes on a golden colour (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- 7Pour over biscuit base and return to the oven for about 10 minutes.
- 8Let cool completely before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Slice
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 65.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g