From our local/state paper. Posting here to share as it sounds good. At this stage times are estimated.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- salt (freshly ground to taste)
- pepper (freshly ground to taste)
- 1 chili (red finely chopped or to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 225°C.
- Cut chicken into 8 pieces (2 drumsticks, 2 thighes and 2 half breasts [cut the breasts in half again to give you your 8 pieces - one portion will have wings, remove if you don't want them there] or buy a precut chicken.
- Mix together in a large bowl all ingredients except the chicken pieces and mix well to combine and then put the chicken pieces in and coat them well in the marinade.
- Line a shallow sided tray with baking paper and place the chicken pieces on the tray in a single layer.
- Spoon any remaining marinade over the chicken pieces.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake until well browned and juices run clear (estimate 35 to 45 minutes, depending on size of chicken pieces).
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.