1/6 Photos of Caramelised Chilli Chicken
From our local/state paper. Posting here to share as it sounds good. At this stage times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- salt (freshly ground to taste)
- pepper (freshly ground to taste)
- 1 chili (red finely chopped or to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 225°C.
- 2Cut chicken into 8 pieces (2 drumsticks, 2 thighes and 2 half breasts [cut the breasts in half again to give you your 8 pieces - one portion will have wings, remove if you don't want them there] or buy a precut chicken.
- 3Mix together in a large bowl all ingredients except the chicken pieces and mix well to combine and then put the chicken pieces in and coat them well in the marinade.
- 4Line a shallow sided tray with baking paper and place the chicken pieces on the tray in a single layer.
- 5Spoon any remaining marinade over the chicken pieces.
- 6Place in pre-heated oven and bake until well browned and juices run clear (estimate 35 to 45 minutes, depending on size of chicken pieces).
- 7Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Chilli Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.5
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 474.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 58.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: