1/1 Photo of Caramelised Onion Sauce
This is a wonderful sauce that goes well with most meat dishes and adds a great flavour to tarts and savoury pastries. Give it a try! I love to combine this with my Red Wine Jus Gravy for Beef and Lamb Roasts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a small pan and add sliced onion. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring.
- 2Add sugar and stir through for a further 15 minutes until very dark brown in colour.
- 3This recipe is excellent mixed with Red Wine Jus Gravy!
- 4It is also a lovely compliment to savoury puff pastry dishes, pizza and most roast meats.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 64.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g