A nice easy tart, suitable for a light lunch.
Make and share this Caramelised Red Onion & Pine Nut Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly brush a 19cm slab pan with a little of the olive oil.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add the onions and cook stirring for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until the liquid evaporates, and onions caramelise.
- Set aside to cool slightly for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and the salt.
- Place the phyllo pastry on a clean surface, and-working very quickly- brush each sheet with a little olive oil and fold in half crossways.
- Place phyllo crossways in pan to line base and 2 opposite sides.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 sheets until all of the base and sides are covered.
- Spread onions over pastry, then the cream mixture, then sprinkle with the nuts.
- Bake the tart, covered with foil in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for a further 15 minutes or until set.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before cutting into 4 pieces to serve.
- Serve with a salad of green leaves.