1/6 Photos of Caramelised Red Onion & Pine Nut Tart
1 hr 5 mins
A nice easy tart, suitable for a light lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly brush a 19cm slab pan with a little of the olive oil.
- 2Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- 3Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- 4Add the onions and cook stirring for 10 minutes or until soft.
- 5Add the vinegar and sugar and stir to combine.
- 6Cook stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until the liquid evaporates, and onions caramelise.
- 7Set aside to cool slightly for about 5 minutes.
- 8Whisk together the eggs, cream and the salt.
- 9Place the phyllo pastry on a clean surface, and-working very quickly- brush each sheet with a little olive oil and fold in half crossways.
- 10Place phyllo crossways in pan to line base and 2 opposite sides.
- 11Repeat with the remaining 3 sheets until all of the base and sides are covered.
- 12Spread onions over pastry, then the cream mixture, then sprinkle with the nuts.
- 13Bake the tart, covered with foil in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for a further 15 minutes or until set.
- 14Leave to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before cutting into 4 pieces to serve.
- 15Serve with a salad of green leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Red Onion & Pine Nut Tart
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.5
- Calories from Fat 587
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 329.4 mg
- Sodium 299.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 12.5 g