Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fantastic recipe posted by Kookaburra in response to an Aus/NZ forum post. I cooked in a pan with a little butter but next time will try on a BBQ grill plate. Original recipe called for demerara sugar, I used palm sugar but I think brown would be fine as well.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients (everything except steak) in small bowl.
- Lightly brush both sides of steak with about 50% of the marinade and place covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Also place the remaining marinade in the rerigerator until read to use.
- Cook steak in a pan with a small amount of butter or on a grill plate to your usual preferences, turning and basting with the remaining marinade several times.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Made this for dinner tonight, cooking it on a Le Creuset Grill Pan -- it came out just perfect. I used Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (1/2 the amount) and it was delicious. Served with Creamy Carrots (308851) and Garlic Dill New Potatoes (109117) and we had a fabulous dinner. Thanks so much for posting!!
Perfection on a plate. I used sirloin steak which was melt in the mouth delicious. Served with simple vegetables which allowed the steak to more than shine, not that it needed any help. For the mustard I used 'Grainy Mustard' which worked really well. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap Jan 2013
What a wonderful steak recipe Peter. We really enjoyed this tasty treat. I pan fried the steak in butter just the way we like it. It was wonderful, tender, juicy and delish. The marinade was so good, I couldn't get enough of it. Served this steak with yummy cabbage and berber carrotes for a meal to remember. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I have included in my Favorites for 2011.