Fantastic recipe posted by Kookaburra in response to an Aus/NZ forum post. I cooked in a pan with a little butter but next time will try on a BBQ grill plate. Original recipe called for demerara sugar, I used palm sugar but I think brown would be fine as well.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients (everything except steak) in small bowl.
- Lightly brush both sides of steak with about 50% of the marinade and place covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Also place the remaining marinade in the rerigerator until read to use.
- Cook steak in a pan with a small amount of butter or on a grill plate to your usual preferences, turning and basting with the remaining marinade several times.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.