1/14 Photos of Caramelised Steak
Peter J's Note:
Fantastic recipe posted by Kookaburra in response to an Aus/NZ forum post. I cooked in a pan with a little butter but next time will try on a BBQ grill plate. Original recipe called for demerara sugar, I used palm sugar but I think brown would be fine as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all the marinade ingredients (everything except steak) in small bowl.
- 2Lightly brush both sides of steak with about 50% of the marinade and place covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 3Also place the remaining marinade in the rerigerator until read to use.
- 4Cook steak in a pan with a small amount of butter or on a grill plate to your usual preferences, turning and basting with the remaining marinade several times.
- 5Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Steak
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 532.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: