1 hr 5 mins
Delicious lemon tart with caramalised sugar topping. I found this in an old Australian Gourmet Traveller magazine. You can use limes instead of lemons, or a combination of both if you prefer.
My Private Note
large t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, cold & chopped
- 2 egg yolks, yolks only
- 1Pastry: - Sift flour and sugar in food processor, add butter and process until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2Add egg yolks and 1 tablespoon iced water and process until it comes together.
- 3Form dough into disc and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- 4Roll out and cover a 22 cm (8 ¾ - 9 inches) flan tin with a removable base and chill for 20 minutes.
- 5Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice and cook for 20 minutes at 180 deg C (350 deg F).
- 6Brush with beaten egg and bake a further 5 minutes and reduce oven to 150 deg C (300 deg F).
- 7Filling: - Place eggs and sugar in a bowl, whisk well and add cream, zest and strained juice and combine well.
- 8Pour into pastry shell and bake at 150 deg C (300 deg F) for 15 minutes or until set.
- 9Remove and cool in tin to room temperature.
- 10Dust heavily with sifted icing sugar then using a blow torch lightly caramalise top, or pop under the griller (broiler).
- 11This will keep refrigerated and in an air tight container for 2 days.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Lemon Tart
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.1 mg
- Sodium 53.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g