Great hot or cold....fab picnic fare
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Bacon Mini Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Lightly grease 24 mini tart tins.Lay the pastry sheets on a work surface and cut pout 24 shapes to fit the tin. Line the tins with pastry.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low-med heat add the onion and cook for about 30 minutes, or until golden (do not rush this step). Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook until crisp.
- Add to the onion mixture, stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a small amount into tart case.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and pour over the bacon and onion mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until puffed and golden.
- Remove from tins while warm -- serve warm or cool.