Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great hot or cold....fab picnic fare
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Bacon Mini Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 2 sheets ready rolled shortcrust pastry dough
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 125 g bacon, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Lightly grease 24 mini tart tins.Lay the pastry sheets on a work surface and cut pout 24 shapes to fit the tin. Line the tins with pastry.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low-med heat add the onion and cook for about 30 minutes, or until golden (do not rush this step). Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook until crisp.
- Add to the onion mixture, stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a small amount into tart case.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and pour over the bacon and onion mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until puffed and golden.
- Remove from tins while warm -- serve warm or cool.
These were great! Dinner party guests kept asking for more. I'm not sure if I'll use so much coarse-grain mustard next time, maybe 1.5 teaspoons next time. Great recipe! Thanks for posting.
I really enjoyed this recipe, I omitted the mustard and added some herbes de provence. I was wanting for a little more egg in the tarts, it was rather doughy. I loved the sweetness the carmelized onions added, I also topped mine off with a bit of mozzarella cheese.
Great recipe! So easy to make and so very tasty. The flavours of the mustard and onion go so well in this recipe. They turned out so perfect and so tasty! I have also frozen a batch to see if they freeze well. Thanks Stardustannie I will be making these again!