1/2 Photos of Caramelized Vegetable and Polenta Cake
1 hr 5 mins
I love polenta (and caramelized vegetables), so this recipe really appeals to me. Prep time doesn't include the cooking, cooling and peeling of the capsicums!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve, brush with oil and bake the capsicums in a hot oven until blackened and blistered, then cool in a paper bag for about 20 minutes.
- 2Remove the skins and cut into thick slices.
- 3Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic, stirring until the onion is soft and golden brown.
- 4Add the capsicums, sugar and vinegar and cook, stirring until caramelized.
- 5Remove from the heat.
- 6Bring the milk and stock to the boil.
- 7Stir in the polenta and cook stirring for about 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in the cream and cheese and pour into a greased and lined 22cm spring form pan.
- 9Put the capsicum mixture over the top and cook at 220c for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Vegetable and Polenta Cake
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 128.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: