I love polenta (and caramelized vegetables), so this recipe really appeals to me. Prep time doesn't include the cooking, cooling and peeling of the capsicums!
- Halve, brush with oil and bake the capsicums in a hot oven until blackened and blistered, then cool in a paper bag for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins and cut into thick slices.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic, stirring until the onion is soft and golden brown.
- Add the capsicums, sugar and vinegar and cook, stirring until caramelized.
- Remove from the heat.
- Bring the milk and stock to the boil.
- Stir in the polenta and cook stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cheese and pour into a greased and lined 22cm spring form pan.
- Put the capsicum mixture over the top and cook at 220c for 15 minutes.