Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A BBQ favorite. If you don't like oysters, saute mushroom slices in butter as an alternative.
Make and share this Carpetbag Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 6 New York strip steaks
- 12 rock oysters
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Make a pocket in each steak, cutting through the side.
- Fill each with two oysters, secure closed with a toothpick.
- Drizzle steaks with teriyaki sauce sauce and refrigerate until ready to BBQ.
- Toss on the BBQ for 8-10 minutes, or until your liking.
- Serve the steaks with fresh green salad and crusty bread.
Really good, the oysters soak up some of the juice from the steak and vice versa and they suit each other so well. The steak juices / teriyaki work wonderfully as a sort of dressing for the salad as well.
sound's good even before trying it, well done.